INFRARED SAUNA IN CANBERRA
It’s all about infrared heat entering your body, the sweat is the bonus.
Infrared Sauna – Detoxifying the Body
Unlike a traditional sauna, infrared saunas don’t heat the air around you. Instead they use infrared light to heat the body directly. Infrared heat penetrates deeply into your joints, muscles and tissues increasing oxygen flow and circulation, resulting in a whole-body hyperthermia on a cellular level to make you sweat.
WHY INFRARED SAUNA?
Sweat out the toxins
Sleep better & Stress and fatigue reduction
Reverse aging & Glowing skin
Anti-inflammatory & Muscle and joints pain relief
Hair Growth & Improves appearance of cellulite
Weight loss & Increased metabolism
Immune system boost & Strengthening cardiovascular system
Before Infrared Sauna
45 minutes per session. Please arrive 5 minutes early.
Wear loose fitting clothes, we provide towels to sit on.
We don’t have shower at sauna room. It’s recommended to let your body cool naturally after your sauna and shower when you get home.
Bring water bottle or you can purchase at store.
An infrared sauna is a wooden cabin equipped with infrared heaters designed to detoxify and heal the body. Inside the infrared sauna your heart rate increases, blood vessels dilate, blood circulation increases and you sweat -all of which acts to discharge toxins from the body.
- The infrared wavelength is part of the sun’s invisible spectrum of light, located next to the colourred and felt as warmth. Not to be confused with UV and other potentially harmful rays, infrared heat is safe and healing -so safe in fact that it is used by hospitals to keep newborns warm in humidicribs. Infrared rays are easily absorbed and penetrate the body deeply, stimulating thelymphatic, immune and cardiovascular systems and helping to eliminate any harmful toxins that may have built up inside the body.
- Our infrared sauna produces the same infrared heat produced by the sun (without the harmful) ultraviolet waves that the sun gives off). It helps to remove impurities from your cells, specifically the cells inside our fat where our body stores waste and harmful toxins such as cholesterol and heavy metals.
- Your body absorbs the infrared heat and reacts to it. This allows you to experience a more intense sweat at a lower temperature.
- An infrared sauna has similar effects to cardio. It provides passive heat that increases the heart rate and reduces blood pressure. It can be useful for older people or others with mobility issues.
- Yes, the sauna room is private, and can fit up to 3 people. We charge an extra $20 per friend that you bring along.
- We recommend wearing as little as possible during your session so that you can receive the maximum benefit from the infrared rays. We provide towels for you to sit on.
- The Infrared sauna works to increase your core body temperature. If you have a shower straight after your sauna, this will lower your core body temperature. Research shows if you don’t have a shower, your core body temperature will continue to be raised for 30-60 minutes post sauna! We recommend you let your body cool naturally after your sauna and shower when you get home.
- Yes, studies suggest the more the better. Regular saunas, 1 or 2 times a week, has beneficial health effects.
- Children under the age of 18
- People above the age of 65
- Anyone with cardiovascular conditions, on blood thinning medication, haemophiliacs or people who are prone to bleeding.
- Pregnant women should avoid using the infrared sauna Individuals suffering from chronic health conditions should always consult their doctor first If you are unsure about using an infrared sauna, always consult with your doctor first.