FLOATATION IN CANBERRA
Imagine floating without effort and experiencing a completely relaxed state of being
Salt Float – Float Away Your Anxiety
With more than 550kg of pharmaceutical-grade epsom salt (Magnesium Sulphate) dissolved inside, the water is heated to body temperature, so that once you are settled in the tank, the sensation of water on your skin will slowly fade away. Free from gravity, external stimulation, stress, tension and pain – this is flotation therapy.
Anxiety & Stress relief
Improve sleep quality
Pain relief & Faster recovery
Improve focus & Creativity
Health & Wellness
Each session is 80 minutes, includes 20 minutes to shower before and after your float. Please arrive 10 minutes before your session. If you arrive late we might have to shorten your session.
Float therapy is best done nude, wearing swimming suits may be a distraction to the deep relaxation experience.
Each room is equipped with a flotation tank and private shower. We provide earplugs, towels, shampoo, and body wash.
No caffeine 3 hours before. Light meal 2 hours before. No hair colouring 1 week before. No shaving before float.
- Flotation therapy is clinically proven to reduce stress and induce a deep state of relaxation and meditation. Not only this, but it gives an uninterrupted hour allowing our brains to take a break from the constant stimulation of today’s world.
- Being in a state of sensory deprivation allows us to reboot and our brains becoming much more receptive to new information. This gives you the perfect environment to allow your physical body to release the daily strain.
- Epsom salt is high in magnesium, which is naturally anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antibacterial. It has been used for centuries to improve sleep, and reduce pain, cramping, headaches, and muscle ache, and help to improve skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and athlete’s foot.
- There’s half a ton of it in each of our pods!
- Single and first floats can often be profound. It is recommended to float 3 to 5 times to initially understand the process of floatation and begin to reap its long-term advantages.
- Basically, floating 2 to 4 times per month will supercharge your long-term physical, mental, and spiritual health.
- Regular floating is a great way to maintain calm and make it easier to deal with the stresses and strains of everyday life.
- Have a shower in the float room. Rinse off any oils, products, makeup, then dry off and step into the pod. The room lights are on sensors so will switch off on their own.
- We recommend having a face cloth nearby in case you want to wipe your face or hands (salt water stings the eyes).
- Music will play to signal 5 mins left. After 5 mins the music will stop, this is when you get out of the pod. In the pod, a voice will say “your session has ended”. Shortly after the filters will start, the filters are pretty noisy, so there is no chance you’ ll sleep through them.
- Once you are dressed and ready, come and relax in our relaxation lounge with a complimentary cup of herbal tea.
- If you wear contacts, bring a case. You are welcome to bring your own towel. Other than that, we provide everything you need (towels, earplugs, body wash/shampoo, hair dryer…)
- No. The epsom salt in the water is a natural skin emollient. Your skin will feel silky smooth.
- Being in the pod is more like floating in outer space than being shut in a box. You’ re always in control of your environment, You can even choose to float with the door open if it makes you more comfortable.
- No, some people fall asleep, but the water is so buoyant that you stay afloat.
- The worst that can happen is getting woken up by a bit of salt water in your eyes.
- It may sting a bit due to the amount of epsom salt in the water, so we recommend you avoid touching your face or placing your hands over your head at any time.
- Our float tanks are non-drip and we provide a water bottle to help flush out your eyes if this happens.
- You don’t need to be able to swim. The water is only 30cm deep. The high concentration of salt water will keep you afloat, no probs.
- Salt is a natural anti-microbial and antiseptic, especially at the high concentration present in the floatation tank.
- We have a state of the art 1 micron filter, that is FDA compliant for drinking water. After every float, the water is pumped multiple times through the filter. The filter is also equipped with a UV filter and the water is treated with a small dose of Food-Grade hydrogen peroxided.
- You have open wounds
- You had diarrhea in the past 14 days
- You’re under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- You have dyed your hair or applied tanning products within 7 days
- You have infectious diseases
- You have got a recent tattoo
- You have infectious skin or respiratory disorders
- You have epilepsy or serious mental conditions
- You are Incontinent
- Yes, just follow the same protocol you would for a pool or hot tub.
- Yes! There are many unique benefits that helps relieve the pressure and tensions on the body during pregnancy, while allowing a deeper connection to the baby.
- We recommend confirming with your doctor first however.
- Anyone 18 years old and up is able to float at our center currently.
- Minors can float with an adult relative as guardian.